Open to all Des Moines-area residents. Must be able to pick up the tickets at Domestica (321 E. Walnut St) on Thursday before 5PM. If you do not, there are no prize substitutes. Prize has no cash value. Contest ends Wednesday, April 3rd at 1PM. Enter before then.
To enter: Simply leave a comment here. Watch for xtra entry opportunities on:
- Domestica: Facebook + Twitter
- Ichi Bike: Facebook + Twitter
- Subsect: Facebook + Twitter
- Bonus entry: Follow DMSC: Facebook or Twitter + at least one of the above. Tell us when you comment + give us your name/Twitter handle for verification.
The BBQ + party kick off at 5pm w/music by Cashes Rivers, DJ 8/10, The River Monks, and Jordan Mayland, guided firehouse tours, fire pole sliding, a collaborative mural you can paint on, and more!
The Des Moines Social Club’s new home at the downtown firehouse (900 Mulberry) will serve as a space that utilizes the arts as a catalyst to create unprecedented community engagement. The firehouse will be historically preserved with renovations to convert the space to a creative environment for all of Des Moines to enjoy. The firehouse will feature thought-provoking theater, creative classes for all ages, collaborative workspace for non-profits, forward-thinking restaurants and bars, premier art galleries, and much more. After five years of searching for a permanent home, the perfect space has been found at one of the most unique buildings in the city.
More Party Facts
- Proceeds are donated to support the firehouse construction efforts and Social Club programming.
- Make a pledge and be rewarded with a slide down the fire pole; paint a collaborative mural; and start the construction by knocking down a wall.
- There's a formal dinner that coincides with the BBQ - both kick off at 5PM + converge together for a DJ 810 dance party at 7:45 pm.
- An elevated stage will connect both parties with live music + a showcase of Social Club programming.
- Special news about the firehouse will be released at the event.
- Free food and drink!